Date(s) - 01/10/2016 - 02/10/2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weald Harness Club
Weald Harness Club
Lamb’s Farm Event With Options!
Old Hay, Pearsons Green Lane, PADDOCK WOOD TN12 7DG
Sat 1st and Sun 2nd October 2016
By Kind Permission of Steve and Jane Lamb, plus Old Hay Airfield
Mobile On The Day 07885 672444
From M20 Junction 4: take A228 towards Paddock Wood via Mereworth and by-passing East Peckham. At the roundabout by the Hop Farm, go straight across and at next round about (approx. 2 miles) turn left into Badsell Road. At the traffic lights turn right and immediately left into Mascalls Court Road. Turn left at the end into Mile Oak Road and right opposite the Elm Tree pub into Pearsons Green Lane. Follow the road pass Willow Lane (on the left) and take next left into Old Hay which is a concrete road. This is narrow with passing places. At the end of the concrete road past Scrapco and the Kent Shooting Club there are gates for New Hay Farm. Go through them onto the unmade road for a further 800 m or so. Venue and parking at the end of the track on the right near the barn.
From A21 at Kippings Cross, turn on B2016 towards Paddock Wood passing through Matfield. At the traffic lights by Mascalls School turn right into Mascalls Court Road. Then follow directions above (in italics).
Training for dressage and/or cones will be available on Saturday 1st October 2016 from Barry Capstick, National Horse Pairs Champion for 5 consecutive years. Cost £25 per session on Saturday. You are welcome to camp overnight using portable stabling or electric fencing for the horses/ponies. Please note there is NO water on site so you must bring your own. A BBQ will be on offer on Saturday night in the barn. Please bring your own meat and drink. Salads provided.
THE EVENT On Sunday 2nd October 2016
AM Dressage and cones: BHDTA Pre-Novice 2008 test for all classes – test can be found on the Weald website. Arena 80 x 40 m. Marathon gear and width applicable. Grooms may stand. Cones may include a bridge.
PM Marathon c8 km and 6 obstacles (shorter route c 3km & 3 obstacles for small ponies)
Entry fee £35 Members £40 non Members for the full event on Sunday
AM Dressage & Cones only: £15 Members £20 Non Members
AM Dressage, Cones + Pleasure Drive: £25 Members £30 Non Members
AM/PM Dressage, cones, then marathon £35 Members £40 Non Members
PM Marathon Only: long/short route £25 Members £30 Non Members
PM Pleasure drive only round course: £20 Members £25 Non Members
6 Obstacles over approx. 8 km with short compulsory walk. Shorter distance & only 3 obstacles for small ponies.
Full scoring details at lunchtime briefing
Classes will be divided according to entries. Rosettes to all.
Entries close on Monday 26th September 2016
For times ring Jane Lamb for times Thursday 5 – 9 pm on 07885 672444 or I will endeavour to Facebook them on Weald Harness Club page or email where possible
RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The decision of the Judges is final
2. The organizers reserve the right to alter or cancel the competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
3. Entry fees will not be refunded except on production of a Veterinary Surgeon’s or Doctor’s certificate.
4. Objections must be made in writing to the Event Secretary, within 15 minutes of the class having been judged, accompanied by a deposit of £10, which shall be returnable should the objection be sustained.
5. Horses/ponies must be 4 years of age or older.
6. Junior Whips 14 years and under must be accompanied by a competent adult when driving.
7. Hard hats compulsory for whips and grooms and also whilst riding or driving on site. Body protectors must be worn on marathon by both whip and groom(s).
8. All competitors must be covered by adequate Third Party Insurance and must sign the declaration to this effect on the Entry Form.
9. Neither the organizing committee of the Weald Harness Club, nor any other landowner, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, save for the death or personal injury caused by negligence of the organizers or any one for in law they are responsible, accepts, any liability, for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness, to horses, owners, driver, grooms, spectators, land or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract, or in any way whatsoever.
10. The organizers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must themselves also take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents and must obey the instructions of the organizers and all officials and stewards. You will be asked to sign a statement to this effect.
11. Please respect all Out of Bounds areas and park as directed. The venue is adjacent to an active private airfield. Permission has been given for us to drive around the airfield perimeter by Old Hay Airfield Ltd as long as we do not cross or damage the grass taxi and run ways.
DOGS ON LEADS PLEASE
Please take domestic rubbish away with you.
A Club First Aid officer will be on site. Should the need arise for veterinarian or medical assistance, the local service providers will be called. The nearest hospital is at Pembury with A&E, local vet is Putlands at Paddock Wood or Bell Equine at Mereworth.
Please note that our neighbours are aware of the event but the Club has no control over their actions. Old Hay Airfield is an active small airfield and small planes/microlights may take off and land during the event. Start times on the marathon may be adjusted by the starter to facilitate plane action at the airfield. The shooting school is closed at weekends but Ace Combat club may be active on nearby land with the occasional shot heard.
PRIZE GIVING AT THE END OF DAY